Vladimir Guerrero Jr. a Canadian-Dominican baseball player was born on 16th March 1999. He is a professional baseball third baseman who plays for Toronto Blue Jays in the MLB. His father Vladimir Guerrero Sr. is a former MLB player. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. started playing for Toronto from 2nd July 2015. His salary with Toronto is $3.9 million. He ranks fourth-best in MLB.com and as the top international free agent in Baseball America.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Professional Career Highlights In 2016
- Guerrero went to the Spring Training Camp to open the 2016 Minor League Season.
- Rookie Advanced Bluefield Blue Jays was the team with which he made his professional debut on June 23rd.
- The first professional home run of Vladimir Guerrero Jr. came on June 24th.
- By hitting two solo shots, he scored his first multi-home run game against Pulaski Yankees on August 12th.
- Guerrero became the All-Star at third base in the Appalachian League.
- He has played 62 games for the Bluefield in the year 2016.
- While playing for Bluefield he has hit .271 with eight home runs.
- His statistics show 46 runs batted in RBI and 15 stolen bases.
2017 Career Statistics
- Class-A Lansing Lugnuts was his season opener in the 2017 Minor League Season.
- He hit his first home run for the season against Great Lakes Loons on April 7th.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was the All-Star in the Midwest League on June 7th.
- In the 2017 All-Star Futures Game, they chose his name for the World Team Roster.
- After the conclusion of the Future Games, the Blue Jays promoted him to Advanced-A Dunedin Blue Jays.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit a home run against Clearwater Threshers on 31st August to give the Blue Jays a 5-3 victory.
- Victory against Clearwater Threshers took Dunedin to the Florida State League playoffs.
- His batting average was .323 in the 2017 regular season.
- On 6th September Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was chosen for the ESPN’s Prospect of the Year Award.
How Did 2018 Fare For Him
- He was the top pick in the Blue Jays team at the start of 2018 season, according to MLB and Baseball America.
- Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats was his season opener team.
- He led the Eastern League tables during the first month of the season with a batting average of .398 and 30 runs batted in.
- On June 4, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. became the Eastern League’s Player of the Month after striking .438 including nine home runs and 28 RBI.
- He had hit .402 in the 2018 season, which included 14 home runs and 60 RBI from a total of 61 games. In this season he was playing for the Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats.
- He was added to the roster of the Surprise Saguaros on 30th August which is a team of the Arizona Fall League.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has always been a bright prospect for baseball with his exceptional hitting abilities. Scouts have often graded him 80 which is the highest scouting scale. For his power, he has received grade 70 which is a strong indicator of a plus-plus tool in the scouting industry.