The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are a professional baseball team based in Anaheim, California. The Angels compete in the American League West division of Major League Baseball. The franchise was established in 1961 as an expansion team and played its first game in April 1962. The team has won nine division championships, five American League pennants, and one World Series championship. The Angels are the only Major League Baseball team to be based in Southern California.
Angels Baseball History
The Angels were founded by Gene Autry, a legendary figure in the entertainment industry. The team’s name was inspired by Autry’s hit song, “Back Home Again in Indiana.” The angel’s baseball franchise has been owned by several different individuals and groups since its inception. In 2002, the Walt Disney Company purchased the team from the Anaheim Arena Company. Under Disney’s ownership, the team experienced significant success, winning five division titles and one World Series championship.
Since being purchased by Arte Moreno in 2003, the angels have continued to be one of the most successful franchises in baseball. Moreno has invested heavily in the team, significantly upgrading its stadium and training facilities. The angels have also made several key acquisitions, including Mike Trout, Albert Pujols, and Josh Hamilton.
Top 12 Players of Angels Baseball
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are an incredibly successful franchise with a rich history. They’ve won nine division titles, five American League pennants, and one World Series championship. The angels have also had many great players over the years, including Mike Trout, Albert Pujols, and Josh Hamilton. These players have helped make the angels one of the most successful teams in baseball. Here are the top 12:
– Mike Trout: Trout is widely considered to be the best player in baseball. He’s a five-time All-Star and has won three MVP awards.
– Albert Pujols: Pujols is a future Hall of Famer. He’s a ten-time All-Star and has won three MVP awards.
– Josh Hamilton: Hamilton was an incredible player when he was with the Angels. He was a five-time All-Star and won an MVP Award.
– Nolan Ryan: Ryan is one of the greatest pitchers of all time. He spent eight seasons with the Angels and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1999.
– Vladimir Guerrero: Guerrero was one of the most popular players in Angels history. He was a nine-time All-Star and won an MVP Award.
– Tim Salmon: Salmon was the Angels’ first superstar. He was a five-time All-Star and won the Rookie of the Year award in 1993.
– Chuck Finley: Finley spent 12 seasons with the Angels and was one of the most dominant pitchers in baseball. He’s a three-time All-Star and has his own plaque in the Hall of Fame.
– Garret Anderson: Anderson is the all-time leader in hits, doubles, RBIs, and total bases for the Angels. He was a three-time All-Star and won two World Series championships.
– Brian Downing: Downing played his entire career with the angels and was one of the most popular players in team history. He was a two-time All-Star and won two World Series championships.
– Don Sutton: Sutton pitched for the Angels from 1975 to 1982 and is one of the most accomplished pitchers in baseball history. He’s a Hall of Famer and a five-time All-Star.
– Reggie Jackson: Jackson played for the Angels in 1984, his final season in MLB. He’s a Hall of Famer and a five-time MVP Award winner.
– Troy Percival: Percival is the Angels’ all-time leader in saves. He was a four-time All-Star and helped the team win their only World Series championship.
These are just a few of the great players that have played for the angels over the years. These players have helped make the angels one of the most successful teams in baseball.